Evaluation Based on Clinical Outcomes
Healthgrades pioneers hospital quality since 1998, with the purpose of helping consumers understand, compare and evaluate hospital performance. Unlike other hospital quality analyses, Healthgrades evaluates hospitals solely on clinical outcomes: risk-adjusted mortality and in-hospital complications. Our analysis is based on approximately 40 million Medicare discharges for the most recent three-year time period available. The data measures 27 procedures and diagnoses across 14 service lines and risk-adjusts for each patient’s extenuating conditions.
Recognizing Superior Performance
Hospitals receive ratings for each of the procedures and diagnoses depending on how well they perform above or below the predicted average. Hospitals are also recognized for superior outcomes for specialty excellence, clinical excellence and patient safety. A comprehensive review of all hospitals is released each fall; specialty awards are released throughout the year on an annual basis.
Hospital Quality Awards Methodology:
- America's Best Hospitals Award Methodology
- Distinguished Hospital Award Clinical Excellence™ Methodology
- Emergency Medicine Excellence Award™ Methodology
- Hospital Report Cards™ Bariatric Surgery Methodology
- Hospital Report Cards™ Maternity Care Methodology
- Hospital Report Cards™ Gynecologic Surgery Methodology
- Hospital Report Cards™ Mortality and Complication Outcomes Methodology
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ Methodology
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ Methodology
- Pediatric Patient Safety Methodology
- Specialty Excellence Award™ Methodology
- Transplant Excellence Award™ and Outcomes Methodology
- Women's Health Excellence Award™ Methodology
Physician Related Methodology:
Find a Solution That’s Right for You
Click here to register for the next Methodology Workshop hosted by CPM Healthgrades.